Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bruises

About a week ago I noticed a few bad bruises on Ainsley's legs.  Although they looked very severe, they were in common places.  But as the week went on, I noticed more and more showing up.  I would ask her what happened, and she would have some interesting made up story, like the dog did it, (all 4lbs of her!)  Last week I called to schedule her 4 year well visit and they said that they couldn't get her in until mid March.  I asked if there was any way to get in sooner because Ainsley had been constipated and I was worried about her, (still not worried about the bruises).  She said no...  Then all of the sudden she said she would work me in on Monday the 25th.  I blurted out, Ahhh....  I love you!!!  I didn't know then what a tender mercy that was.  As the rest of the week went by her bruising got worse, and I started to think maybe she was anemic.

Yesterday, was her appointment.  I think I got a little worried when he wanted to get blood work done right away.  I still didn't think anything too bad.  Ignorance is bliss!  It took three women at the lab to hold Ainsley down to draw her blood.  She was so angry.  I felt horrible.  Of course, afterwards I took her to get ice cream, as a reward for being so "brave".  (And of course, for not punching any of the nice women who took her blood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment