Sunday, May 19, 2013

A New Haircut


Here they are!  BEAUTIFUL!  (but I'm the biased husband and father...but come on, you know it's true!  These ladies are GORGEOUS! ;-)  This actually happened last week, Mother's Day.  Ainsley decided she wanted to cut her hair and wanted Jenny to as well.  Jen didn't miss a beat and out came the clippers.  Looking good ladies!  That night, Ainsley asked me if I would cut my hair as well, and I said of course!  So here's the new look for me:




The haircuts were an interesting process.  Ainsley had stated many times over that a bald head meant boy.  So we weren't sure how supportive she would actually think it was for Daddy to cut his hair with her (although I wanted to!)  She and Mommy had talked about it for a couple of months now and they looked so beautiful when it was all finished.  I was greatly relieved when Ainsley asked me to join her!  Thank you to all that have joined her, she has loved seeing the pictures Uncle Jeff, Uncle Talmage, Doug, Tanner, Braydon...Sharp looking fellas!

The other day her platelets dropped to 7k, the lowest they have EVER been.  They were normal (100k to 300k) on Friday and by Tuesday they were 7k.   Remember that platelets keep you from bleeding, so she started having the same types of bruising that she had when they first diagnosed her.  She was doing a bit better with a transfusion and they were up to 25k a few days later.  Still not enough, but an improvement.

On Saturday June 1st, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, there will be a charity barrel racing event held in Collinsville (10 minutes from our house) to benefit Ainsley.  We are so grateful to Carmon and Cindy for putting it together.  FREE attendance...so bring your family and watch.  I'll post the flyer some time soon on here as well. 


4 comments:

  1. What great love there is in your family. All of you are beautiful inside and out. You may need to repost the pics because they aren't showing up :( or maybe it is just my computer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Ainsley's Army bracelets. Paige has gotten lots of questions at school about it and she loves telling Ainsley's story. Also, I'm pretty much in love with Ainsley's pose in this picture. #missamerica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan! Oh my goodness. I just found out about your little Ainsley. I've spent the whole morning reading all about your adventures and am so in awe of your family. Bryan, you and Jenny are so amazing. I can't imagine what you are all going through. I will be praying for all of you.
    Kellie Isom McClure

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are amazing Smed. We are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete