Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Waiting Continues

We were all ready and geared up for the next admission on Tuesday morning, but Ainsley's white blood cells had other plans.  Her system is still too low to begin the next phase of treatment.  It takes a lot to get prepared to be in the hospital for 4 days, so it is a roller-coaster of emotion and effort to get things ready and packed, arranged for the other kids, for Jenny and I, pack Ainsley's bags, Hudson's bags, coordinate which of us will be staying with her when...(I hope my highschool English teacher is reading this, because that was a run-on sentence like no other) 

As Jenny, Ainsley, and I drove away from the hospital on Tuesday we talked about that roller-coaster.  Last week, I felt a let down and Jenny felt almost relieved.  This week that changed, and I was the one that felt relieved and Jenny felt let down.  At least we weren't both down at the same time right?  As we drove away Ainsley laughed and said (with a HUGE smile) "See, I told you guys I didn't have any bone marrow today!!!"  That girl keeps us laughing!

Next Tuesday we will try again.  The good news is that she is making platelets and red blood cells.  Now if we can just get those healthy white cells to grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment