Thursday, January 9, 2014

Throwback Thursday!

I swear, every time I go to post something, someone is crying, throwing up, or I am throwing up!  It has been a long week!  As I looked back on my pictures I thought it would be fun to do a Throwback Thursday!   I wanted to highlight some of the many visitors we have had since Ainsley's diagnosis:)


My Sweet friend Becca!  Oh how I adore this girl!  She came and helped out from Arizona, while Bryan had to be away at a conference.  I was SO grateful to see her!  She has been such a rock for me! She has also gone above and beyond to make sure our needs have been taken care of!  LOVE...


Our dear friend Jeff, also from Arizona, was able to make a quick visit in the spring.  I swear, seeing Bryan with his best friend was like magic.  I saw a light in Bryan's eyes that hadn't been there in a long time.  (Bryan and Jeff went to medical school together:)

My AMAZING Sister and my AMAZING Mommy, who had just had hip surgery tow weeks before, drove across the country with FIVE kids to come and help out!  My Sister took care of 9 kids, 2 of them being under six months, and 3 dogs while Ainsley and I were in the hospital! Now that is love!  They were just what the doctor ordered!
LOVE



One of our most unexpected visitors and friendships came from the Tubbs and Steed families.  (Cheryl or Cheryld as Ainsley likes to call her, is a Steed!)  Cheryl contacted us from Pocatello shortly after Ainsley was diagnosed and said she wanted to help!  She has been a rock for our family ever since!  She, and her husband Jordan, and her family have gone above and BEYOND with helping our family. Cheryl came to stay in Oklahoma over the summer and was such an amazing help.  Cheryl's Dad, Randy,who lives here in Owasso,  has also been...  just...  amazing!  I am so humbled to have such Christ like examples in my life.




My friend Tiffany was the perfect visitor at the hospital!  Never underestimate the power of bubbles and love!

Sara, and so MANY other friends came by to play, cheer up and hang with Ainsley!  (MANDY, LINDA, CHRISTY, to name a few!)  I have some amazing friends in Oklahoma!

This is our friend Kayla from Emmy's Heart- Oklahoma!  She spearheads an amazing non profit group that brings tutu's and capes to kids who are suffering from cancer!  She is amazing!


GRANDMA SUE...  She deserves her very own post...  (I will have to do that!)  Bryan's Mom has been amazing throughout this trial.  I think she has been in Oklahoma half the year, and she always brings a smile!  My cup runneth over...

Bryan's Dad, Terry has also been a real trooper!  Not only did he selflessly let his sweet wife come and stay with us so often, he also went through cancer treatments of his own while Sue was here.  How do you express enough gratitude?

My sweet Daddy took almost two weeks off to come stay with us during one of Ainsley's rough stages.  He is such a bright light!  He was so fun, comforting and loving to all of us!  We needed it!  XOXO

One of our stay at the hospital, a group from the Navy came to visit the children.  It was SO touching to  listen to those brave soldiers tell Ainsley that she was their hero and that they knew she could beat cancer.  

My amazing, loving, tuna fish head, childhood and lifelong friend Lindsey and her family came to visit in November!  I LOVE this family!  I have known Matt and Lindsey since we were teenagers, (Lindsey since I was eight),  and I am SO grateful to have them in my life.  The are both so loving and selfless.  There is never enough time when we see each other! 

Uncle Matt and cute Annie!
 Wow....  I am just blown away!  And this doesn't even count for all those who have loved and supported, and prayed and cheered, both near and far.  I really want to thank all of you!  You have all been such amazing examples of Christ like love...


Just a little update on Ainsley...  Ainsley, Hudson and I all got a stomach bug on Tuesday.  Poor Bryan was up all night taking care of us all.  He is a real trooper!  Bryan took Ainsley in to the Doctor on Wednesday.  Her blood work looked good.  We were so relieved!  I have a lot more to update on Ainsley, but that will have to do for now!  Thank you so much for all of your continued love and prayers!

6 comments:

  1. You are definitely being watched over by many earthly angels and I'm sure many others that we can't see! We love you. You are all troopers in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am humbled to be included! :) You have such a bright & beautiful family, and are lucky to have so many family & friends that love you. As always, please let me know if I can ever do anything for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people I know and love in these pictures. Oh, how I wish one of these visitors was me. It just about did me in when Jeff was with you and I was not! I am grateful you have had so many wonderful visitors. Love you, Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so honestly could you not find a worse picture of me??? Oh you mean this is not about me and stop being self absorbed.....
    seriously bad pic though, I mean really bad. Next time I see you......DEATH, then hugs. Hoping that time is before we party down in 2015!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful show of the Love of Christ...right where you are! Stopping to Count your blessings and give thanks...well that's the FULL life in Jesus!
    We are very thankful your husband drove all the way to Broken Arrow to drop of the bracelets the weekend before Christmas for Alex! He was blown away on Christmas morning! It was the BEST! Thank you! Praying for the stomach bug to take a hike!
    Loved the update.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jen, I'm just seeing this! What a lovely sweet post from a beautiful person!!! While I still insist I am president of the fan club and a huge advocate of an AZ move, I am so beyond grateful that I am just a grain of sand on a beach full of people who adore you. I am so grateful for the many people who have lifted your burden! I love you to the moon and back a million times.

    ReplyDelete