Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Therapy for the Mama!


Let me preface this by saying that I feel very inadequate when it comes to writing.  I can cut your hair, take a pretty picture, take furniture from ugly to pretty, paint a picture, but writing.....  It's not my thing!  Just bare with me!

I have had many people asking me how I am handling everything so well.  The answer is that I am not, but at the same time I truly feel like I was being prepared for this.  In my own quiet moments I mourn.  But, I know that everything will be OK.  I know Ainsley will beat this.  I know she needs to see me being strong.  Seeing her hurting, hurts my heart more than I can explain.   It wasn't long ago that I was so thankful that although our lives were crazy and hard, we at least were all healthy.  How quickly that can change.  I looked at Bryan's cousin, who's son Lincoln has Lymphoma, and I thought, "How is she doing this?"  I thought, "I don't know how we would handle something like that, especially since we don't have any family close by."

I must have invited a challenge.  Kind of like when you don't think you can handle a church calling and then that is exactly what they call you to!  The amazing thing is, everyone here in Oklahoma is treating us like family.  They have been amazing and I am so grateful and humbled by their love and service.

Right before Ainsley went back to surgery.  This was by far one of the hardest moments.
Mavis...  Our family therapy dog!  I shouldn't leave out our sweet Lyla too!  (Our sweet Maltese!)  She has also been very comforting for Ainsley!
While we were at the hospital, we met with a social worker.  She encouraged Bryan and I to be sure to take care of ourselves too.  After almost a week at the hospital, I decided a brisk walk with Mavis was just what I needed!  It is amazing how different everything seems.  The sun on the water, the brisk air, the smell of spring...  I just tried to forget my worries and fears and rejuvenate my spirit.  Mavis was a perfect walking companion.  She is not only my girl's therapy dog, but now mine too!


Meili drying her hair for the first time by herself!

On a side note...  Since Ainsley's diagnosis, Meili has aged in my eyes.  My baby girl is growing and maturing so fast.  She has been so brave and strong.  Like her school counselor said to Bryan, "Meili is a wise soul in a 9 year old's body."  Please keep her and my other kiddo's in your prayers too!  They are such troopers.



1 comment:

  1. Jen your emotion is one of my very favorite things about you - you feel big and your heart is even bigger. . my goodness I wish I could take this away for you. I love you. You are strong and God is stronger - you've got this!!!

    ReplyDelete