Monday, March 4, 2013

Well, if anyone has lost faith in humanity, please call and let us tell you about the absolutely AMAZING people that we have been blessed to be surrounded by. The kindness extended toward us has left me speechless. Our house has been sanitized (Shout out to Ranch Creek Ward Relief Society), carpets and tiles cleaned, a toddler bed purchased and assembled so Ainsley can be close to us, her birthday bike from last week assembled (Trevor and Mandy :-) ), food and more food (all of it delicious) delivered at just the right time, perfectly selected gifts for Ainsley and her sisters, kind words, hugs, phone calls, friends inviting the older girls over to play, bringing the girls to and from the hospital to maximize the time we spend as a family, did I mention food dropped off at just the right time? (both at home and at the hospital). The list truly keeps going and I'm sure I've left out too many things. The good people in the world FAR outweigh the bad, despite what you see in the headlines. We really have no way to even begin to express our gratitude...

Sunday was a day of prayer, fasting, and well-wishes for Ainsley. We thank everyone the world over that has sent love and faith this way. We certainly felt uplifted and strengthened. Grammy (Jenny's mom) is here! Yeah! Jenny, Hudson, and I got to spend a few hours here with Ainsley. It was nice to see her personality start to shine through again. We've discussed a lot about her fighting spirit, but she is also one of the sweetest and funniest little girls you will ever meet. What barely-4-year-old understands and correctly applies sarcasm every now and again? I asked her if she knew she was going to get better? Her response: "I'm not sick, Dad, you're sick. Someone take his blood pressure!!!" Yep, speechless. Perhaps I need to get my blood pressure checked? Jenny and I laughed and laughed. Hudson got us all smiling with his happy face: Grammy and the girls came and joined us and the dart games continued (thank you Kile family), as did the sticky-slap-hand toys that the Moore family sent from Arizona.
 I also discovered that my phone had been hiding voice mails from me. Probably the reception in the hospital, but all at once I was flooded with messages from the first few days of hospitalization that I didn't know I had missed. Sorry if I didn't respond to your message, not intentional!

This blanket is a weighted blanket that was given to us by a friend the morning of surgery. You would not believe the comfort it was to Ainsley!!! The nursing staff both before and after surgery were amazed at how it helped her stay calm. This is a link to the mission that makes the blankets, it is run by a friend we have made since we arrived in Oklahoma! Check it out, you'll love it! http://www.myweightedblanket.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment